INTRODUCTION TO VIDEO GAME DESIGN (waitlist)
|Credit:||3.0 units of USC credit|
|Pre-Requisites:||Basic Computer Skills|
Do you love video games? Want to create your own? This course will provide you with an overview of the video game production process. You will gain hands-on experience by developing video games and utilizing various software applications. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to conceptualize, design, develop, implement and integrate current and emerging video game features and technologies.
- Participate in off-campus field trips
- Previous trips have included Activision and EA Sports
- Take advantage of USC’s relationships with local game companies such as Electronic Arts, Sony Playstation and Activision Blizzard
- Game designers, programmers and artists from these companies will provide you with insight and guidance for creating compelling games
Topics of Study:
- Facets of video game production:
- Project lifecycle of video game development
- Relevant hardware and software applications
Watch the video below to learn more about the Viterbi Engineering classes. Be sure your volume is turned up!